September 16, 2012
RACE DAY DETAILS - PLEASE READ!!!!!
Ladies & Gentlemen….Start your engines and get ready to Run Talladega!!! Welcome to the 4th Annual Talladega 21000 (Half-Marathon) and Talladega 5000 (5K Lap Around the Track) presented by Urology Centers of Alabama and benefitting local Prostate Cancer Awareness and Screenings. To insure everyone has a great time, take a moment to read through these brief instructions.
- Please arrive at the track NO LATER THAN 6:30 a.m. – sooner if possible. The track officials will be directing everyone to park in the infield area. There are only two tunnels to get you under the track and into the infield area, so expect delays if you arrive after 6:30 a.m. Arriving early will give you time to park, get to the staging areas, take care of any personal business and be ready to start the Half Marathon at 7:30 a.m. Race Day Packet Pick Up will be in the Goodyear Building beginning at 6:15 a.m. If you haven’t picked up your packet yet – get there early to allow enough time!
The 5K Lap Around the Track will begin at 7:45 a.m. Look for the signs leading you to the start line.
- A non-denominational worship service will take place at 6:45 a.m. outside of the Sprint Cup Series Garage (location of the Post Race Party).
- The Talladega 1000 (1K) Fun Run/Walk will begin at 9:30 a.m. Look for signs leading you to the start.
- Your timing device is located on your race bib on the back. Please do not remove these tags. Your bib should be placed on the front on your shirt.
- There will be 6 water stations along the course. You will pass by two water stations twice, totaling 8 fluid opportunities. Portalets will be available at all of them. Also, there will be one set of restrooms open under each of the grandstands as you are running through them. Signs will be posted to indicate which ones are open for use. Gu (energy gel) will be available at Miles 2.5, 6.5 and 10.5 (approximate miles).
- Spectators can sit in Paddock Club A & B (Miller Lite bleacher area) located near the finish line or they can bring chairs and binoculars to watch the race from the infield. PLEASE STAY OFF OF THE GRASS INSIDE THE TRACK AREA. A Kid Zone area with inflatables will be available in front of the Pit Garage where the Post Race Party is held. Spectators are NOT allowed past the blue wall on Pit Road.
- After you finish your race, stop by Victory Lane to have your photo made by Brightroom Photography. Family & friends are welcome to join you in a picture. The photos will be available for purchase after the race on our website.
- The Jim ‘N Nick’s Post Race Party starts at 8:30 a.m. and will feature yummy Jim ‘N Nick’s Barbeque (starting at 9:00), live music, and plenty of cold beer, water, and sports drink. It will be held in the Sprint Cup Series Garage located near the start and finish line. Your entry fee includes entrance to the Post Race Party. Extra tickets for family or friends may be purchased at the event for $5 with all proceeds going to the Urology Health Foundation. Tickets are limited so buy them early! The party will end at 11:30 a.m.
- Results and awards will be posted inside the Pit Garage and awards will be available for pick up at approximately 11:00 a.m. We will announce the top 3 overall male and female and top master male and female for the half marathon and the 5K.
Sign Up for Talladega 21000 Marathon Email Updates