Ladies and Gentlemen start your engines!!!! Come Race Talladega Superspeedway!!!
This one of a kind Half Marathon starts and finishes on the Track and you will experience every part of the Superspeedway. You’ll be running on the apron of the track (not on the incline); above the Track looking down on the turn embankments; through the grandstands and outside on the grounds of the Track. You’ll see breathtaking views of the entire grounds and run in places very few people have ever had access to before! After you cross the finish line, have your picture taken on Victory Lane and then head over to the Pit Garage on Pit Road for the post race party. We’ll party with live music, Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q and lots of cold drinks. And it’s finally a race to benefit men. We’ll be raising funds for Prostate Cancer Programs..
You don’t want to miss this one. IT’S DEGA BABY! A maximum of 1500 runners will be allowed to participate in the half marathon so please register early. Once we reach 1500 participants we will close registration.
Don't miss the Post Race Party to be held in the Pit Garage and featuring Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q and live music.
- The Talladega 21000 Half Marathon benefitting the Urology Health Foundationwill be held Sunday, September 22, 2013. The race will begin at 7:30 a.m. CST and will have a 3 ½ hour time limit.
- The registration fee for the half marathon is $65 by July 31st, $70 by September 16th, and $90 race weekend. There is no race day registration for the half marathon.
- The 5K (3.1 miles) Lap Around the Track will begin at 7:45 a.m. and will have a 50 minute time limit.
- The registration fee for the 5K is $25 by July 31st, $30 by September 16th, and $40 race weekend and race day.
- The 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Honoring Survivors of Prostate Cancer will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- The registration fee for the 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk is $15 for adults and $10 for children 10 and under.
- Registration is available online at Active.com. We are going green this year so no paper forms.
- Online registration will close at midnight CST on September 16, 2013. After that date, you can register at packet pick up (see event schedule for dates/times/locations) or on race morning for the 5K and 1 Mile. There is no race day registration for the half marathon.
- You must be at least 12 years old on race day to participate in the half-marathon. There is no age limit on the 5K or 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a parent or legal guardian register for you in order to participate.
- Participants have 3 ½ hours, based on clock time, to complete the half-marathon course. You must be able to complete the half-marathon in this time frame. Participants in the 5K have 50 minutes to complete the race. You must be able to complete the 3.1 miles in this time frame.
- The Half Marathon will use a wave start to help avoid crowding on the first turn.
- A maximum of 1500 runners will be allowed to participate in the half-marathon so please register early! Once we reach 1500 participants, we will close registration. A maximum of 800 runners will be allowed to participate in the 5K Lap Around the Track so please register early! Once we reach 800 participants, we will close registration.
- Baby joggers, in-line skates, bicycles, unauthorized vehicles and unregistered runners are prohibited on the course or on the Superspeedway. No pets or smoking on course PLEASE! Any participant breaking one of these rules will be removed from the course and the track area, disqualified and will not receive any of the finisher amenities.
- Race numbers are required for all races.
- Please click here for the times and locations of Race Packet Pick Up and Race Weekend Registration.
- Registered participants in the half-marathon will receive a short sleeved gender specific technical shirt in their race packets. Registered participants in the 5K will be given a short sleeved technical shirt in their race bag. Registered participants in the 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk will receive a short sleeved t-shirt. Prostate Cancer Survivors will receive a blue short sleeved technical shirt.
- Talladega 21000 Half-Marathon finishers will receive a Talladega 21000 Finishers Medal.
- The Post Race Party will take place beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the Pit Garage located a short distance from the finish line. Jim ‘N Nicks Bar-B-Q (yummy!!) will provide food for the participants of the half-marathon, the 5K, and the 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk (this is included in the cost of your registration). There will be plenty of cold drinks available as well. If you are interested in purchasing additional Jim ‘N Nicks Bar-B-Qmeal tickets you can do so while registering on Active. Additional tickets purchased while registering through Active.com will be $7 and then the price will increase to $10 on race day. All proceeds will be donated to the Urology Health Foundation to fund prostate cancer awareness and screenings. Tickets are limited so be sure and order them when you register online. (FYI – there are no other food outlets available at the track that day)
Powerade/Water Stations/Course Support
- Water and Powerade stations will be available at Mile 2, Mile 4.5, Mile 6.5, Mile 7.5, Mile 9, Mile 10.5, and Mile 12. (These are approximate locations)
- Portalets will be available approximately every 2 miles.
- Medical personnel will be available at the finish line area and throughout the course.
Awards/Age Divisions – Half Marathon & 5K
- Awards will be given to the overall top three male and female (based on gun time) and 1st place male and female in the Masters division (based on chip time) in both the half marathon and 5K.
- Half Marathon Age group awards will be given to the top three male and female in each of the following age divisions: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and over. These will be based on Chip Time.
- Awards will be given in the half and 5K to the top three Prostate Cancer Survivors.
- 5K Age group awards will be given to the top three male and female in each of the following age divisions: 9 & under, 10 & 11, 12-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and over. These will be based on Chip Time.
- Awards will be presented between 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. at the Post Race Party.
Sign Up for Talladega 21000 Marathon Email Updates